Monday, September 11, 2017

First Teaching Practice 



Hello, I will tell you about my first teaching practice at English access program during the second period. I taught them about the reported speech.

First, I developed the warm up activity in which students were completing some thoughts according to their ideas. I could notice that students were interacting during this activity and they were also sharing some personal information.

Then, I moved on to the grammar explanation. In this opportunity, I pasted a picture of a girl and a picture of a boy to explain them the grammar rules about the reported speech.  During this step, students were participating a lot. They were giving examples using the reported speech which made me feel really confident. 

After that, I developed a conversation, so I asked students to practice aloud the conversation. I could notice that they were really engaged during this activity and I liked to see that they were reading the conversation very confident and enthusiastic. Then, I gave each student a worksheet with some sentences and I asked them to rewrite the sentences using the reported speech.  During this activity, students were practicing the reported speech and putting into practice all the information that I shared with them during the grammar explanation.

Finally, as students were learning about the topic frenemies, I asked them to think about a question about it. Then, I asked them to ask that question to a partner and report the answer at the end of the activity by sharing it with the whole class. I could observe that students were asking questions related with the topic and I  felt happy because they were using the reported speech when I asked them to report their partner’s answer.





No comments:

Post a Comment