Today, 14th
February, 2017 I had my third teaching practicum. Students started Unit 2 about
locations and music tastes. I started the class with the most popular warm up
activity “the broken telephone” as I could see students were engaged in the
activity, and they really liked it.
My first activity consisted of students asking their classmates “What is your favorite kind of music?”, so they had to walk around the classroom and according to their classmates’ responses they needed to fill a bar graph marking an x in the box that corresponded to the genre.
Then, I asked them which genre do
their classmates like the most and the least? and some students answered that
rock and pop were the genres that their classmates like the most, and that Jazz
was the genre that they dislike.
After this activity, I gave each student a
sheet of paper about an email of a person who was inviting a friend to see a
movie. So, students had to fill in the blacks using prepositions because the
email had to be focus on that. After that, I asked for a volunteer who read the
email to the whole the class so that everybody could check the answers. As a
following activity, I had students responding the email.
In my last activity, I
pasted a poster about an email in which I was inviting students to attend to a
pop concert, so I asked for a volunteer who read the email to the whole class. Then,
I asked students to tell me the prepositions that they could identify, and as a post activity, I had students writing a response for my email, so during that time I was monitoring students, and giving them examples of how
they could answer the email. Finally, I asked two students to read the response for my email.







I liked you had an interesting topic for your classmates because it helped you to catch the students's attention. I could read you didn't have problems with them
ReplyDeleteI really like the warm up activity!! With your permission, I will use it when the opportunity comes. The activity where you invited the students to a pop concert was really nice because it allows you to have your students wok in a post activity where thy responded to your E-mail. Well done Jas.
ReplyDelete