Tuesday, March 21, 2017



Hello! I will tell you about my first class during this second period. I am teaching students from the English Access Program. 

On Monday 20th, I had my first teaching practicum, and I was very nervous.

I developed a reading comprehension about successful people.  I think that what I did okay was start the class asking students about their weekend and one thing that they have done during the English Access Program that they would like to do again so that I learned a lot about the activities teachers have developed with them. 


During the development of the class, students were very interested and they always paid attention to me which was great because it really showed me they were focused on my explanations and the content of the class.

One perfect aspect was that students were very active and they participated a lot. 

It was also perfect bring a poster about successful people in which before I gave each group a reading about those people, I showed them the pictures of them  so that they had a better idea. 

Aspects that I think I need to improve is my tone of voice because it was hard for students to listen to me and to understand me. Another aspect that I need to improve is my enthusiasm because I need to motivate Ss to speak, and I also need to consider that it is important to make CCQs to know if students understand. 

1 comment:

  1. As a teacher in charge of the teaching practicum, there's nothing more relieving than knowing about your improvement in your teaching experience. I'm super glad you're just finding your own teaching style, which in some cases might take years to finally find one that suits you well.

    I've noticed that you've made some mistakes in regards to double subjects and grammatical tenses. Shall you try to work more on your compositional skills for next time's entry.

    ReplyDelete